In it, he takes credit for writing this line: "Do you mind if I smoke? No, do you mind if I fart?" Wow. That is one of those lines that I just figured has always been around. Anyhow, it got me thinking about snappy comebacks.
Not much rankles me, and rarely do I tirade* about what someone says or does. I like to think on it, but it doesn't upset me.
So, I don't have any great examples of things people say that bug me. Remember Mad's "Snappy Comebacks to Stupid Questions"? I always enjoyed that bit... I just don't often think people are asking stupid questions. Maybe it's the teacher in me.
But I do like snappy comebacks.
So. Here is a list of Snappy Comebacks... I just don't have the Stupid Questions they, um Comeback... to.
Snappy Comebacks to Unasked Questions
- Maybe on Planet Dokken!
- If you don't mind a little spittle, then yes, absolutely!
- Why else do you think I named my daughter Hermione?
- What'd you expect? Turner and Hooch?
- No, I'm just waiting for the Orange Julius Express!
- When flies pig!
- Never! Unless there are conflict diamonds involved. And then, only on a case-by-case basis.
- No, but I do have lumbago. That's the Forbidden Dance!
*my latest attempt at verbing. "Tirade" means to "go off on a tirade."